Compassionate. Commited. Capable.
In 2006, several long-standing charitable interests of Minnesota Masonry combined to create one umbrella organization, Minnesota Masonic Charities (MMC), with a mission to promote even greater levels of philanthropy.
MMC focuses on the most pressing issues and causes of our time, from supporting the educational pursuits of our youth to working toward eradicating cancer. We draw our compassion, fidelity and focus from the Masonic Fraternity – the world’s largest and oldest fraternal organization, and a group of men and women who practice strong values and a commitment to self-improvement through service.
- Minnesota Masonic Charities (MMC) owns and operates Minnesota Masonic Home (MMH) in Bloomington, MN.
- Since 2004, MMC has given away over $42 million in funds for charitable causes and subsidies.
- MMC was named the 2014 “Outstanding Philanthropic Organization” by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- In partnership with Masonic Lodges and Chapters, we provide an annual average of $600,000 in matching and mission grants to Minnesota community organizations.
- We have provided $5 million in scholarship funds since 2007.
- MMC is the largest contributor to the University of Minnesota, having pledged $125 million toward cancer research and children’s health.
- Minnesota Masonic Home has been named a U.S. “Top Nursing Home” by U.S. News & World Report and has received two Baldrige “Commitment to Quality bronze awards.
- MMH offers the largest and one of the most respected transitional care units in Minnesota