Minnesota Masonic Charities commends those men and women who give of their time and resources for these charitable efforts. Thanks to their dedication, MMC is able to provide Matching Grants to every Lodge and Chapter to support programs and services.
For more information on the MMC Matching Grants Program, call 952-948-6004 or contact us with your inquiry.
Grant forms may be downloaded and sent in by mail to:
Minnesota Masonic Charities
11501 Masonic Home Dr.
Bloomington, MN 55437
Matching Grants Guidelines
Minnesota Masonic Charities may provide Matching Grants for:
- The support of charitable initiatives proposed through Masonic Lodges, Order of the Eastern Star Chapters and other
- Masonic Organizations in Minnesota.
- Projects consistent with the Mission of Minnesota Masonic Charities and Masonry in general.
- Organizations that address issues of interest to the Masonic fraternity.
- General public welfare in the broadest sense, especially in the areas of education, social services, and health care.
Matching Grants Policy
- Grant Applications must be submitted through a Fraternal organization.
- A Minnesota Masonic organization may apply for Matching Grants from Minnesota Masonic Charities with funds raised by the applicant Fraternal organization or existing funds of the applicant Fraternal organization. Donations made directly to a recipient organization shall not be considered as funds raised by the Fraternal organization and cannot be included in the amount requested to be matched by MMC.
- MMC provides Matching Grants up to $10,000 per grant and a maximum of $25,000 per Masonic organization in any one calendar year. (Fraternal Organizations may seek approval of a renewal grant in subsequent years by submitting a Matching Renewal Grant form. Renewal Grants are subject to the same terms and conditions as initial Grant applications.)
- Grant recipients must be located in Minnesota and any funds granted must be spent in Minnesota, unless otherwise approved by the MMC Board of Directors.
- Matching Grants shall be made exclusively for programmatic purposes and not for the relief of individuals; capital projects; organizations not recognized as 501(c)(3) public charities as defined under the Internal Revenue Code of the United States, as amended, and applicable regulations; activities that are primarily the responsibility of Federal, State or local government, or other governmental agencies; Foundations or Endowments; to pay for or support debt; capital projects; animal welfare; the arts; the environment; organizations with a political agenda or motivation; or for operating support of non-charitable organizations.
- Grant Applications over $10,000 shall be reviewed by the MMC Board of Directors and must be submitted a minimum of 20 days prior to the next regularly scheduled meeting of the MMC Board of Directors for consideration. The Grant Application must include a detailed financial statement that includes the purpose of the fundraiser, number of attendees, cost per person, total of cash contributions and donations, total of other Masonic contributions, total of expenses incurred, and resulting net amount of funds raised. Requests for Matching Funds cannot include donations made directly to the recipient organization.