Minnesota Masonic Charities supports community outreach through the charitable giving activities of the Masonic Lodges and Star Chapters throughout the state. By awarding Matching Grants to the Lodges and Chapters for these projects, many programs and services for schools, youth services, elderly and local social services are assisted.
MMC is committed to strengthening the communities of Minnesota.
Minnesota Community Outreach activities include:
- Matching funds for community food shelves
- Coats for Character, a school program which rewards recognized students of merit with customized winter coats
- Program support for community organizations providing services to families with low income
- Art supplies and program support for three elementary schools within one community
- Archery in the Schools in collaboration with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Bikes for Books, a matching funds program to motivate elementary students to read
- Sponsorship of a stress seminar for police officers and their families
- Holiday parties and gifts for residents at domestic shelters